Ershad’s condition improves slightly: GM Quader
Published: 17:27 9 July 2019 Updated: 17:27 9 July 2019
The health condition of ailing Jatiya Party chairman and leader of the opposition in the Parliament HM Ershad, now undergoing treatment at Combined Military Hospital (CMH), Dhaka, has improved slightly today.
“Ershad’s health condition is better today than yesterday. But he is still not out of danger,” acting chairman of Jatiya Party GM Quader, quoting the CMH doctors, said at a press briefing on the latest condition of Ershad’s health condition at the party chairman’s Banani office.
He (Ershad) is responding to calls by opening eyes as the physicians reduced doses of sleeping pills, Quader said, adding that infections in his body have reduced, but the level of bilirubin has slightly increased.
Doctor did not conduct dialysis today to see how much the kidneys are working, he said, adding that some platelets are being infused in his blood every day.
Jatiya Party Presidium Members SM Faysal Chishti, Md Azam Khan, Shafiqul Islam Sento and Alamgir Sikder Lotan, Advisors Major (retd) Ashraf Ud Dawla and Dr Nurul Azhar and Vice-Chairman Professor Iqbal Hossain Raju were present at the briefing, among others.
- `BNP should strengthen legal procedures for Khaleda’s parole`
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- Govt to bring Tarique back for sake of law: Hasan
- No longer acting:
GM Quader full chairman now
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- BNP to stage hunger strike Sunday seeking Khaleda’s release
- Obaidul Quader almost cured
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Ershad condemns blasts in Sri Lanka
- 4 BNP MPs-elect in Parliament for oath
- CU in turmoil after BCL men-cops clash
- BNP tried to distort history: Hanif
- Jamaat has no right of politics: Hanif
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally April 11