Ershad’s condition improves slightly: GM Quader
Published: 17:27 9 July 2019 Updated: 17:27 9 July 2019
The health condition of ailing Jatiya Party chairman and leader of the opposition in the Parliament HM Ershad, now undergoing treatment at Combined Military Hospital (CMH), Dhaka, has improved slightly today.
“Ershad’s health condition is better today than yesterday. But he is still not out of danger,” acting chairman of Jatiya Party GM Quader, quoting the CMH doctors, said at a press briefing on the latest condition of Ershad’s health condition at the party chairman’s Banani office.
He (Ershad) is responding to calls by opening eyes as the physicians reduced doses of sleeping pills, Quader said, adding that infections in his body have reduced, but the level of bilirubin has slightly increased.
Doctor did not conduct dialysis today to see how much the kidneys are working, he said, adding that some platelets are being infused in his blood every day.
Jatiya Party Presidium Members SM Faysal Chishti, Md Azam Khan, Shafiqul Islam Sento and Alamgir Sikder Lotan, Advisors Major (retd) Ashraf Ud Dawla and Dr Nurul Azhar and Vice-Chairman Professor Iqbal Hossain Raju were present at the briefing, among others.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- 25th anniv of AL’s volunteer front tomorrow
- Which way is Jatiya Party?