Ershad’s 90th Birthday celebrated
Published: 20:36 20 March 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Jatiya Party chairman Hussein Muhammad Ershad's 90th birthday was celebrated with a gigantic cake of 90-pounds.
This birthday was celebrated at the Immanuel's Convention Center in Gulshan on Wednesday noon.
Since morning, thousands of leaders and activists had been waiting at the venue. However, Ershad's wife and senior co-chairman of JP Raushan Ershad reached at 12:30 pm.
Then, at 1 pm, Ershad, the opposition leader of the Jatiya Sangsad, reached the venue with a wheel chair. The main event was organized at noon. Firstly the Jatiya Party Secretary-General, Mashiur Rahman Ranga greetings.
Later, the acting chairman of the party, G.M. Kader, became emotional during his speech and said, "My brother has kept me affectionately from my early childhood." Brought forward with love. You will pray that my brother can be healthy and observe the 100th birthday with us.”
Then, Raushan Ershad to greet the leaders and activists, said, you pray that he should be quick to recover. If everyone pray, Allah will accept anyone's prayer. You will also love the country with the party. All will stay beside the country keeping in mind the song “ Notun Bangladesh Gorbo Mora.”
Before cutting the cake, Ershad said in his speech, "I have been tortured so much that I did not get the opportunity to serve the country. The nation has remembered me as much as I have done. I have no time. You will always remember a word 'Bangladesh Jindabad'. There is no more to say.” Then the leader left the venue soon.
- BNP`s politics depends on Television: Quader
- No alternative of unity in coronavirus disaster: Obaidul Quader
- Bangladesh Awami League: 71 yrs of glorious journey
- ‘Domestic, foreign clique engaged in propaganda’
- Former Home Minister Sahara Khatun placed in ICU
- Our key agenda during pandemic is to ‘Help the people’: Lekhak
- Quader urges to celebrate Eid following health rules
- Mahbubul Alam Hanif flies to Canada
- Nasim’s condition unchanged after 8 days of life support
- ‘BNP making provocative remarks to break the unity’
- Islami Oikya Jote chairman Maulana Nezami passes away
- ‘If situation worsens, govt will go tougher decisions again’
- Nasim’s condition stable, remains under observation for 72 hrs
- BNP lost from politics field: Khalid Mahmud
- No politics with reliefs: Tofail