Ekushey award-winning actor SM Mohsin dies of COVID-19
Published: 11:32 18 April 2021
Now, Ekushey award-winning actor SM Mohsin died from coronavirus on Sunday. (Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un)
He breathed his last at 9:30 am while undergoing treatment at Bardem Hospital in the capital, his son Based Mohsin confirmed.
Meanwhile, Saladin Lavlu, president of the Directors' Guild, an organization of directors of drama, said that his namz-e-janaza will be held today after Asr.
The 73-year-old actor recently took part in the shooting of 'Antaratma' directed by Wazed Ali Sumon in Pabna. He returned from there on April 2. When coronavirus symptoms have seen, his family members first admitted him to a hospital. From there, he was later taken to Impulse Hospital.
The actor was taken to Bardem Hospital as his condition deteriorated. Coronavirus seriously damaged his lungs.
Earlier, the lethal virus claimed the lives of Ekushey award-winning singer Mita Haque, ‘Mishti Meye’ of the Bangladeshi silver screen Sarah Begum Kabori, National Film Award-winning music director Farid Ahmed and more others.
SM Mohsin had been performing on stage and television for almost four decades. He received the Ekushey Padak in 2020 in recognition of his commendable contribution to acting. He worked in Shilpakala Academy for a long time and was an Honorary Fellow of Bangla Academy since 2018.
- Mim Mantasha gets engaged to DU teacher
- Actress Romana detained for embezzling crores of takas
- Romana marries 28 times, embezzles huge money from expats: Police
- Faria Shahrin got engaged
- Anushka reveals daughter’s name with adorable photo
- Ekushey Padak-winning singer Mita Haque dies of COVID-19
- Nikhil sends divorce notice to Nusrat
- BTS named world’s best-selling artists of 2020
- Ctg Road crash
Singer Beauty in critical condition
- Moushumi, her son, daughter-in-law contract Covid-19
- Dipjol becomes grandfather of granddaughter
- Golden Globe Awards 2021: Full list of winners
- Kobori in ICU as condition deteriorates
- Popy ‘married’ a Malaysian expatriate!
- Oscar-winning Canadian actor Christopher dies