Eight member of test squad reaches India
Published: 18:49 8 November 2019
Bangladesh will play two match test series aginst India for the very first time on Indian soil which begins on November 14. The series is gaining prominence for another reason as the last test between the two countries will be under flood-light.Eight members of the Test squad have reached India ahead of the series.
Saif Hassan, Imrul Kayes, Shadman Islam, Mominul Haque, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Abu Jayed Rahi, Ebadat Hossain and Nayeem Hasan left for India on a Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight at 11.45 am on Friday. They reached India at 3pm.
Saif got the national call for the first time while the others are regular faces in Test cricket.
Mominul Haque will lead in the test as regular captain Shakib Al Hasan is not playing due to a year ban by ICC. Opener Tamim Iqbal is also not removed himself from the tour for personal reasons.
Before leaving the country, all-rounder Mehidy Hasan Miraz spoke about Shakib's absence. "I and Shakib bhai have been consistently doing well for a while," he said. He gave me a lot of support during the match. As Shakib bhai is not in the team, I have to be mentally prepared. Even though we have spin coach Daniel Vettori. I hope I get good advice from him.
Bangladesh Test Squad: Mominul Haque (Captain), Shadman Islam, Imrul Kayes, Saif Hassan, Liton Das, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Md Mithun, Musaddek Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam, Nayeem Hasan, Mustafizur Rahman, Al-Amin Hossain, Abu Jayed Rahi and Ebadat Hossain.
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Messi wins record 6th ‘The Best FIFA Men’s Player’
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Zahir Khan takes 5-wicket over BCB XI