8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
Published: 10:02 12 June 2019 Updated: 13:49 12 June 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
At least 10 people including eight children were injured as a large chunk of concrete plaster ceiling caved in at Noakhali 250-bed General Hospital on Wednesday morning.
None of the children was seriously wounded, said hospital authorities. However, the identity of the injured could not be known yet.
Humayun Kabir, senior station officer of Maizdi Fire Service and Civil Defence, said that the incident took place at 6:20 am in Unit 2 of No 4 Children Ward of the hospital.
On information, a fire service team went to the hospital and conducted a rescue operation with the assistance of the hospital authorities.
Three years ago, the Public Works Department announced the abandonment of three public buildings including the Children ward. Earlier on July 12, 2018, two nurses were injured as a large chunk of concrete plaster ceiling caved in at a Ward on the second floor of the hospital's old building. They are - Senior Staff Nurse Swapna Majumder and Apprentice Nurse Rani Akhter.
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Feni madrasa principal put on 7-day remand
- Alim examinee set on fire
DMCH formed board for Feni`s Nusrat Rafi
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Fire at Titas Gas Field, doused after 1hr
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Anti-Muslim attack in NZ mosque
Woman died while saving her husband
- Arson attack on Feni madrasa girl: another arrested
- Paturia-Daulatdia ferry services resume after 4hrs