8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
Published: 10:02 12 June 2019 Updated: 13:49 12 June 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
At least 10 people including eight children were injured as a large chunk of concrete plaster ceiling caved in at Noakhali 250-bed General Hospital on Wednesday morning.
None of the children was seriously wounded, said hospital authorities. However, the identity of the injured could not be known yet.
Humayun Kabir, senior station officer of Maizdi Fire Service and Civil Defence, said that the incident took place at 6:20 am in Unit 2 of No 4 Children Ward of the hospital.
On information, a fire service team went to the hospital and conducted a rescue operation with the assistance of the hospital authorities.
Three years ago, the Public Works Department announced the abandonment of three public buildings including the Children ward. Earlier on July 12, 2018, two nurses were injured as a large chunk of concrete plaster ceiling caved in at a Ward on the second floor of the hospital's old building. They are - Senior Staff Nurse Swapna Majumder and Apprentice Nurse Rani Akhter.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Four people held over Rifat killing
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Refat laid to rest
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Rifat Murder
Second prime accused Rifat Farazi held