Efforts to stop BSF killing in boarder ongoing: HM told JS
Published: 20:48 11 July 2019 Updated: 21:04 11 July 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) has continued its utmost efforts to stop the killing of Bangladeshi citizens by BSF in the border, said Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal.
He said the government has taken necessary steps at the diplomatic level in this regard. BSF has agreed to bring down border killings to zero.
During this time, he presented a statistics based on the year of the killing of Bangladeshi citizens by the BSF at India-Bangladesh border in the parliament. According to statistics, 294 Bangladeshi nationals have been killed in the last ten years in the border.
In response to the question of BNP’s Harunur Rashid MP (Chapai Nawabganj-3), the minster told these information to the house during the question-answer session on Thursday while Deputy Speaker Fazle Rabbi Miah was in chair.
According to the minister's information given in Parliament, in 2009, the number of boarder killing in 2009 was 66, while 55 people killed in 2010, 24 people killed in 2011, 24 people killed in 2012, 18 people killed in 2013, 24 people killed in 2014, 38 people killed in 2015, 25 people killed in 2016, in 2017 the death toll was 17, and in 2013, the number of deaths was 3 people.
Risky surroundings under surveillance 24hours:
Responding to the star question of Asim Kumar Ukil (Netrokona-3), the Home Minister said that the flag meeting is held regularly at different levels of Border Guard Bangladesh and BSF regarding killing- hurt-arrest etc. of Bangladeshis by BSF in Bangladesh-India border areas. Different border issues become discussed and resolved in all these meetings. At the same time, steps were taken at government’s diplomatic level.
He said that recently, a number of initiatives have been taken aiming to confidence building between the people of border areas and members of the two border guards, which will be helpful in abating border tension.
Besides, selecting the risk areas in the boarder, those are being monitored in joint efforts of both BGB and BSF every day aiming to keep the whole area under close surveillance for 24/7. 128 new posts have been made to reduce the distance between BOP from the surrounding BOP. Apart from this, the BGB has identified 328 sensitive risky spots for setting up surveillance system in the border areas, the minister aloso informed the house.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Army chief installs dengue elimination drive in Dhaka Cant
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- Sharmin reveals about Samrat’s Chinese girlfriend
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha