ECNEC clears 10 projects
Published: 15:14 25 June 2019
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) has approved 10 projects worth Tk 6,967 crore including the capacity increase of the Dhaka Metropolitan Police to ensure counterterrorism and public safety.
The meeting was held on Tuesday at the NEC conference room in the capital’s Sher-e-Bangla Nagar with Ecnec chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
In the meeting, the Prime Minister praised all cricketers of Bangladesh Cricket Team including Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim for victory against Afghanistan.
According to the ECNEC sources, allotment for the development of roads, footpath, drainage system of Gazipur City Corporation area was presented for approval. In the meantime, the railway’s 21 meter-gauge diesel locomotive innovative project was also presented. During this, the government head urged to complete the works in time for ensuring the quality of the main projects.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Feni madrasa girl Nusrat dies
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Cyclonic Storm “FANI” lies over Southeast Bay
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Nusrat murder
Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Nusrat to be buried in family graveyard
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- PM directs stern action against Nusrat’s killers