Doctor couple held with arms, ammunition at Shahjalal
Published: 15:22 22 April 2021
A doctor couple was detained with arms while boarding a domestic flight without prior announcement at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (HSIA) in the capital on Thursday.
They were scheduled to leave Dhaka for Jashore on a US-Bangla flight in the morning.
Airport sources said a pistol, a magazine and five rounds of ammunition were found in the possession of one of them during a search of the airport. At the time, they claimed the weapon was “legal”. However, the “announcement was not made” as per the rules before boarding the plane. As a result, the couple was handed over to the police.
Airport Police OC BM Farman Ali said the doctor couple claimed to have a license for the weapon. The matter is being checked and sorted. When asked why they did not announce as per the rules when boarding a plane with arms, they said “they did not have that on the mind”, he added.
Initially, however, the police officer could not reveal the details of the couple.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 12th session of 11th parliament begins
- Temperature likely to rise
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
- Indian PM thanks Foreign Minister
- Third day`s program going on at parade ground