Disney plans to close 60 shops
Published: 12:08 4 March 2021 Updated: 12:08 4 March 2021
Walt Disney Co. announced on Wednesday that it will close at least 60 of its North American stores this year in order to focus on its online sales activities.
The closures are only a first step, with the world’s largest entertainment company emphasizing in a statement that it intends to “significantly reduce its brick-and-mortar footprint” in order to focus on e-commerce.
“While consumer behavior has shifted toward online shopping, the global pandemic has changed what consumers expect from a retailer,” said Stephanie Young, Disney’s head of consumer products, games and publishing, in the statement.
Disney hopes next year to develop its “shopDisney” sales platform, and expand its integration with mobile apps dedicated to its theme parks and with its social media presence.
The changes will be accompanied by the creation of new products of different Disney-owned brands, such as adult clothing, “streetwear,” home goods and collectible items, the statement said.
Disney did not specify which store locations will close, nor how many jobs will be cut due to the closures.
The company has about 300 Disney stores now worldwide.
- Mim Mantasha gets engaged to DU teacher
- Actress Romana detained for embezzling crores of takas
- Model Sadia Naz’s hanging body recovered in Dhaka
- Romana marries 28 times, embezzles huge money from expats: Police
- Anushka reveals daughter’s name with adorable photo
- Habib Wahid ties the knot again
- Faria Shahrin got engaged
- Toma’s lawsuit against husband: Probe report on “Valentine’s Day”
- Ctg Road crash
Singer Beauty in critical condition
- Nikhil sends divorce notice to Nusrat
- BTS named world’s best-selling artists of 2020
- Dipjol becomes grandfather of granddaughter
- Habib opens up his marriage with Afsana: We married 3 months ago
- Anushka, Kohli welcome their first child
- Kobori in ICU as condition deteriorates