Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
Published: 15:12 19 July 2019 Updated: 19:13 19 July 2019
Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) has announced the cancelation of all the leaves and holidays for all of its officials and employees of Waste Management Department and Mosquito-Killing Department to accelerate the dengue control program. The announcement include the upcoming Eid holidays also.
On Friday, DNCC Mayor Atiqul Islam disclose this holiday skipping announcement at a Dengue-Chikungunya-related public awareness rally at the initiative of the DNCC at Manik Mia Avenue in the capital.
Atiqul Islam said “Their leaves have been skipped due to accelerate the killing program of Adis mosquito, which is responsible for spreading Dengue virus. Their holiday will also be canceled in the next Eid.”
He said that the DNCC pharmaceutical workers and supervisors are regularly working to control the mosquito. The name and mobile number of mosquito netting staff, supervisor and monitoring officer of each area are given on the website of the DNCC. Anyone can call them over phone.
The mayor said, Edis mosquito eggs in the clean water contained in different pots and other places left inside and outside the house. It is also called domesticated mosquito. Therefore, everyone has to be aware to prevent it.
Along with Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan, DNCC- councilors, activists and cultural personalities of the DNCC area were also present in the rally.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Subcontinent’s biggest Eid Jamaat observed in Dinajpur
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25