Decision on HSC exams schedule today
Published: 09:44 24 September 2020 Updated: 11:44 24 September 2020
A decision on Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) and its equivalent examinations, which were postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, will be made on Thursday. The chairpersons of the country's 11 education boards will meet at 2:00 pm to decide on the exams schedule.
Asked when the HSC exams would be held, Chairman of Dhaka Education Board and Chief of Inter-Education Board Coordination Sub-committee Prof Ziaul Haque said, "We will discuss the issue at a meeting on Thursday. Nothing is certain yet. No decision has been made on the new schedule."
According to the Dhaka Education Board, the decision to open the college is likely to make in the meeting. In that case, after the reopening of the educational institutions, it may be decided when the HSC examination will be held. Instructions on hygiene and overall matters for taking the exams also be made.
Comilla Board of Education Chairman Prof Md Abdus Salam said, "We have some suggestions regarding HSC examination. These will be presented at the meeting. After sending these proposals to the Ministry of Education, the final decision will be taken by the Ministry."
Meanwhile, it has already been said that if the coronavirus situation is normal, the HSC examinations will start at least 15 days after the opening of the educational institutions. However, according to the Dhaka Education Board source, the schedule of HSC examinations will not be announced until the educational institutions are reopened. After reopening the educational institutions, the 15-day plan will be implemented.
Meanwhile, about 120,000 examinees are expected to sit for the HSC exam this year. HSC and equivalent examinations were scheduled to begin from April 1, but were postponed due to the pandemic.
- SSC exams in 2021 likely to be cancelled
- 42nd, 43rd BCS circular today
- BUP lecturer leaves for Cambridge with Commonwealth scholarship
- 43rd BCS circular soon
- How students to be promoted from class 8 to class 9
- Monthly internet bundle at Tk 100 for students
- Hidden stories behind a ‘viral anti-rape’ photo
- No ‘autopass’, students to pass into next class on assessment
- Next SSC-HSC exams likely to be delayed
- Dipu Moni: HSC exam to be taken in two weeks’ preparations
- Class-XI admission begins
- Decision on HSC exams schedule today
- No quota for primary teachers recruitment
- 40th BCS written exam results to be published soon
- Online classes for Grade XI begins