Death reference of 6 convicts including Minni in High Court
Published: 12:07 4 October 2020 Updated: 12:15 4 October 2020
The death reference of the six convicts including Ayesha Siddiqua Minni in the sensational Rifat Sharif murder case has reached the High Court.
Jahangir Alam Piku, an official at the Barguna Sessions and District Judges Court, brought the documents including the death reference to the High Court on Sunday morning.
Earlier on September 30, the Barguna court handed down the death sentence to six people including Minni, wife of murdered youth Rifat Sharif, in the murder case. Besides, four others were acquitted.
The death convicts are - the victim's wife Ayesha Siddika Minni, Rakibul Hasan Rifat Faraji, Al Qayyum alias Rabbi Akon, Mohaiminul Islam Sifat, Rezwan Ali Khan Hridoy alias Tiktak Hridoy and Md Hasan.
Those who have been acquitted are - Rafiul Islam Rabbi, Md Sagar, Kamrul Islam Saimun, Md Musa.
Rakibul Hasan Rifat Faraji, Al Qayyum alias Rabbi Akon, Mohaiminul Islam Sifat, Rezwan Ali Khan Hridoy alias Tiktak Hridoy, Md. Hasan, Rafiul Islam Rabbi, Md. Sagar and Kamrul Islam Simon were present in the court during the verdict.
On June 26, 2019, internet service provider Rifat Sharif was attacked by Noyon Bond and his associates in front of Barguna Government College in broad daylight. Later, he died in Barishal Medical College Hospital.
On September 1 that year, police submitted separate charge sheets to the Senior Judicial Magistrate Court of Barguna, accusing 10 adults and 14 juveniles. The Barguna District and Sessions Judge Court framed charges against the 10 accused in the murder case on January 1 this year.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Money laundering: Report against 8 including Papul on Jan 31
- ULAB student rape, death: DJ Neha lands in jail