Daily Janakantha editor Atiqullah Khan Masud dies at 68
Published: 09:50 22 March 2021 Updated: 14:56 22 March 2021
Atiqullah Khan Masud, the editor of the national daily Daily Janakantha; File Photo
Atiqullah Khan Masud, the editor of the national daily Daily Janakantha, has passed away (Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji’un).
He breathed his last at a hospital in the capital on Monday morning.
According to family sources, Atiqullah Khan Masud was suffering from respiratory problems. The veteran journalist was 68-years-old at the time of his death.
Daily Janakantha, the first newspaper which was printed simultaneously from several places in the country, was first published in 1993 under his editorship.
was published in 1993 under his editorship. This newspaper was the first to be printed simultaneously from several places in the country.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic