DUCSU seeks tight ban on tree climbing
Published: 18:07 12 May 2019 Updated: 18:08 12 May 2019
Dhaka University Central Students Union (DUCSU) urges the university administration to impose a strict ban on climbing of different types of fruit trees in Dhaka University campus and its different hall premises.
It was urged in a statement signed by the University's Central Student Parliament (Ducsu) VP Nurul Haque Noor and GS Golam Rabbani.
A student named Varun Biswas, of Applied mathematics department of the university died after being fallen from Jagannath Hall's coconut tree on Thursday. DUCSU's leaders gave the statement in the wake of the accident.
Earlier, on the same day last year, a resident student of poet Jasim Uddin Hall, Sheikh Omar Toufiq died from the mangoes tree.
DUCSU always prepared to cooperate with the university administration to make the students aware about not climbing in the tree.
- 40th BCS seat plan published
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- GUAMC students demonstrate over 6 demands
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam from May 10
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam date changes
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- HSC exam on April 29 rescheduled
- Tk 8,088.49 cr budget for 45 public universities
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- New steps to guard questions for primary recruit test
- JU to go on 41-day vacation tomorrow
- DU Dean election April 29
- ‘Bangabandhu Aviation & Aerospace University’ to be established
- NU postpones April 13 exams