DUCSU seeks tight ban on tree climbing
Published: 18:07 12 May 2019 Updated: 18:08 12 May 2019
Dhaka University Central Students Union (DUCSU) urges the university administration to impose a strict ban on climbing of different types of fruit trees in Dhaka University campus and its different hall premises.
It was urged in a statement signed by the University's Central Student Parliament (Ducsu) VP Nurul Haque Noor and GS Golam Rabbani.
A student named Varun Biswas, of Applied mathematics department of the university died after being fallen from Jagannath Hall's coconut tree on Thursday. DUCSU's leaders gave the statement in the wake of the accident.
Earlier, on the same day last year, a resident student of poet Jasim Uddin Hall, Sheikh Omar Toufiq died from the mangoes tree.
DUCSU always prepared to cooperate with the university administration to make the students aware about not climbing in the tree.
- 40th BCS seat plan published
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- DUCSU `election schedule` today
- Tomorrow’s SSC exam deferred to March 2
- GUAMC students demonstrate over 6 demands
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Ducsu Elections
Nur elected VP, Rabbani GS, Saddam AGS
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sports, cultural program held in Scholar`s School & College
- DU to announce DUCSU poll schedule tomorrow
- RU to observe Dr Zoha day tomorrow
- Jashore board postpones SSC ICT exam