DU admission test in new method
Published: 19:10 10 July 2019 Updated: 20:37 10 July 2019
This year’s Dhaka University (DU) admission test will be held in new method. In the first year graduation (Honors) admission test, applicants have to face to phase exams; one is multiple choice questions (MCQ) and another is written test. Only MCQ tests were just to be taken earlier.
These information was found in several university sources including University Grants Commission (UGC) and Dhaka University.
It is known that on July 3, at the DEANs committee meeting, the new methods in Dhaka University admission test were discussed. According to the decision, the new method will be implemented on the admission test in the upcoming academic year (2019-2020).
Sources informed that, the method will includes written test for 40 marks and MCQ for 60 marks while 40 minutes time for the MCQ test and 50 minutes for the written test. The short questions for the written test will remain on the answer sheet and answers will be written there. Students will be selected for admission on the basis of 200 number. Of them of 100 number admission test result and 100 marks in SSC and HSC or equivalent result. It will be announced soon after approval at the meeting of the admission committee.
It is learned, there are 84 departments in Dhaka University while 7,630 seats in the first year. There are five units for admission test in the University. Online admission test application will be accepted from August 5 to August 27. But the last time to submit the money is August 28. Now the total application fee is increased to Tk. 450. The admission test for the 'C' unit of Business Studies will be held on September 13. Apart from this, the examination of 'A' unit of Science Faculty will be held on September 20, 'B' unit examination of Arts Faculty on Sept 21, Social Science Faculty 'D' unit exam will be held on 27th September. The general knowledge section of the 'F' unit of Fine Arts faculty will be held on September 14 and the drawing section will be held on 28 September.
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UGC alerts on admission to private university
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PEC exam schedule published
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- HSC’s exam routine for 2020 published
- BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
- NU online admission starts Sep 1
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Medical admission test on Oct 4