DU Provost Shabnam Jahan suspended
Published: 14:36 29 March 2019
Former acting provost of DU’s Kuwait Moitri hall, Shabnam Jahan has been temporarily suspended from the job with the allegations of irregularities in Dhaka University's Central Student Union (DUCSU) and Hall Union elections.
The decision was taken at the university syndicate meeting on Thursday night. Besides, a five-member inquiry committee has been constituted on why she will not be permanently discharged.
Confirming the matter, Syndicate member and teacher of Islamic History and Culture Department Mohammad Humayun Kabir said that former provost Shabnam Jahan has been temporarily fired after the incident of the Moitri Hall. She was solely responsible for the incident. Besides, a five-member committee has been formed to discuss why she will not be permanently terminated. It has been made the head of Khandakar Bazlul Huq, an additional professor of International Business Department.
The voting was postponed to the day of voting in the Kuwaiti Moitri Hall after getting a bag with sealed ballot papers. Later, the acting provost of the hall, Shabnam Jahan was removed and the new responsibility was given to Professor Mahbuba Nasrin. She is the director of the Institute of Disaster Management and Vulnerability Studies at the University while Dr. Shabnam Jahanis an Associate Professor of the Department of Management.
- 40th BCS seat plan published
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- GUAMC students demonstrate over 6 demands
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam from May 10
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam date changes
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- HSC exam on April 29 rescheduled
- Tk 8,088.49 cr budget for 45 public universities
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- New steps to guard questions for primary recruit test
- JU to go on 41-day vacation tomorrow
- ‘Bangabandhu Aviation & Aerospace University’ to be established
- Tofail asks DUCSU leaders to work for all students
- Secondary School Teacher recruitment test on June