DU Provost Shabnam Jahan suspended
Published: 14:36 29 March 2019
Former acting provost of DU’s Kuwait Moitri hall, Shabnam Jahan has been temporarily suspended from the job with the allegations of irregularities in Dhaka University's Central Student Union (DUCSU) and Hall Union elections.
The decision was taken at the university syndicate meeting on Thursday night. Besides, a five-member inquiry committee has been constituted on why she will not be permanently discharged.
Confirming the matter, Syndicate member and teacher of Islamic History and Culture Department Mohammad Humayun Kabir said that former provost Shabnam Jahan has been temporarily fired after the incident of the Moitri Hall. She was solely responsible for the incident. Besides, a five-member committee has been formed to discuss why she will not be permanently terminated. It has been made the head of Khandakar Bazlul Huq, an additional professor of International Business Department.
The voting was postponed to the day of voting in the Kuwaiti Moitri Hall after getting a bag with sealed ballot papers. Later, the acting provost of the hall, Shabnam Jahan was removed and the new responsibility was given to Professor Mahbuba Nasrin. She is the director of the Institute of Disaster Management and Vulnerability Studies at the University while Dr. Shabnam Jahanis an Associate Professor of the Department of Management.
- 38th BCS final result published, 2204 recommended
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Edu boards open after 41 days; When will results be published?
- CUET students install ‘Automatic Disinfection Booth’ in Ctg jail
- SSC results likely to publish before Eid
- ‘Joy Bangla Oxygen Service’ to be available for free on emergency
- CU BCL leader’s free vegetable market
- Fareast University VC dies of coronavirus
- Notification issued widening school-college holiday till May 30
- Educational institutions to remain closed till Aug 6
- Rumman’s ‘CoviDefeat’ app to provide all COVID-19 info
- 12.60 lakh students get stipends by bKash
- How to pre-register for SSC results
- DU Senate meeting tomorrow
- New routine for TV classes published