DU ‘Ga’ unit admission test begins
Published: 11:29 3 June 2022
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The admission test of the ‘Ga’ unit of the Faculty of Business Education of Dhaka University (DU) has begun. The exam started at 11 am on Friday and will continue till 12:30 pm.
The examination is being held simultaneously till 12:30 pm in the public universities of the divisional cities of the country including Dhaka.
This time, 30,693 students took part in the admission test against 930 seats in the ‘Ga’ unit. As such, 33 students will contest for admission to each seat.
Meanwhile, DU Vice-Chancellor Prof. Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman is scheduled to visit the examination center at the Faculty of Business Education at 11:15 am.
Visiting the examination center at the Faculty of Business Education building of the university on Thursday, he said everyone has been asked to work together so that the learning environment on campus is not disrupted in any way. Deans of all faculties have been asked to clean the campus at the end of the examination. They will keep their own faculty premises clean.
Professor Dr. Muhammad Abdul Moin, head of the ‘Ga’ unit and Dean of the Faculty of Business Studies, said they are on high alert about security. We are always keeping our eyes and ears open on this issue. We are vigilant to prevent any kind of untoward incident.
University Proctor Professor Dr. AKM Golam Rabbani said the DU admission test is a “public test”. Over the last five years, the university admission test has been completed very smoothly. Since last year, examinations are being held in 8 divisional cities of the country including Dhaka. If anyone tries to commit any crime in this test, legal action will be taken against them.
He also urged the teachers, students and parents not to be distracted by any kind of lies, fake news, rumors, etc. related to the leaking of question papers.
The admission test of Dhaka University (DU) is being held in 8 divisional cities of the country like last year. Earlier, for the first time from the 2020-21 academic year, the DU admission test was held in eight divisional cities in the country.
This year, 2,90,348 students have applied for the DU admission test. The total number of seats is 6,035. As such, about 46 candidates will contest for each seat.
According to the decision of the admission committee of DU, this year’s admission test will start on June 3 (Friday) through the admission test of the “Ga” unit. Besides, admission tests for the “Kha” unit will be held on June 4 (Saturday), the “Ka” unit on June 10 (Friday), and the “Gha” unit will be on June 11 (Saturday) from 11 am to 12:30 pm. Besides, the admission test for the “Cha” unit will be held on June 12 from 11 am to 11:30 am.
- New shuttle schedule for CU admission
- 4 CU students suspended over sexual harassment
- DU seven colleges subject selection results on Sep 28
- Jashore Board SSC Bangla 2nd paper MCQ exam postponed
- Afghanistan bowled Sri Lanka out for 105
- How to apply for DU-affiliated Home Economics admission
- SSC Exams on 4 subjects under Dinajpur board postponed
- ‘Swapnotthan’ works in rehabilitation for flood-affected people
- New schedule of class-exam in BU for saving energy
- Dinajpur Board: Postponed SSC exams to be held Oct 10-13
- Teachers, seats increasing in govt medical colleges
- Seven college Business faculty admission test Friday
- Dinajpur Board again postpones SSC two subjects’ question paper
- Osmani Medical College shut down indefinitely
- SSC-HSC exams on all subjects from 2023