DSE trades over thousand cr taka
Published: 18:38 9 August 2020
On Sunday, the first working day of the week, the main price index of Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) DSEX rose by 180 points. This is the second-highest rise in the seven-and-a-half years since the index was launched. At the same time, the transaction amount has exceeded thousands of crores taka.
The DSEX index started its journey on January 27, 2013, with 4056 points. Since then, the index has risen for the second time in the last seven and a half years. Earlier, on January 19 this year, the highest in history, i.e. 232 points were raised. And on February 16 this year, the third-highest, i.e. 169 points, was raised. Earlier, on May 10, 2015, the index rose to the fourth highest or 155 points.
Among other DSE indices, the Shariah index rose by 47 points, the DSE-30 index by 66 points, and the newly launched CDSET index by 38 points to 1,058, 1,540, and 898 points respectively.
Shares worth Tk 1,128.64 crore were traded on the Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) on Sunday, the first working day of the week.
At the end of the day, shares and units of 355 companies were traded on the DSE. Of these, the share price of 283 i.e. 82 percent has increased, the share price of 42 companies i.e. 12 percent has decreased and the share and unit price of 20 companies i.e. 6 percent has remained unchanged.
Meanwhile, CSEX, the main index of the other capital market CSE’s overall index CASPI has increased 487 points to 12,889 points.
On this day, 274 companies took part in the transaction at CSE. Of these, the share price of 210 stocks increased, the price of 29 stocks decreased and the share and unit price of 35 stocks remained unchanged.
At the end of the day, shares and units worth Tk 26.78 crore were traded at CSE.
- WB approves $500m for Bangladesh road connectivity development
- Bourses maintain gaining streak
- Online shopping fraud on rise
- New monetary policy announced setting 14.8 percent debt growth
- Stocks rebound on both bourses
- BEZA approved setting up 10 more Economic Zones
- 20 pc discount on air ticket by bKash payment
- New gas connections in residentials to be pre-paid
- End of suffering for pension money
- DSE records lowest transaction in 13 yrs today
- Bangladesh to produce own brand motor vehicles: Humayun
- Broiler chicken prices fall Tk 10 per kg
- ‘BB giving Tk 4,000 Eid bonus in bKash’ a rumor
- BB to probe transactions, e-commerce activities of evaly
- WB approves $1.05 bn to address economic damages