DGHS’s ‘millionaire’ driver Malek put on 14-days remand
Published: 15:42 21 September 2020
Abdul Malek, a driver who became a millionaire while working at the DGHS; Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The court has granted a 14-day remand to Abdul Malek alias Driver Malek, a driver of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), in two cases for recovering illegal weapons and counterfeit money.
He was produced before the court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate on Monday.
At that time, the police appealed for a 14-day remand, seven days in two separate cases, filed by Turag police station for recovering illegal weapons and counterfeit money.
After hearing, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Shahidul Islam denied bail and granted a 14-day remand.
Earlier on Sunday morning, RAB arrested Abdul Malek from the Kamarpara area of the capital on charges of being involved in various terrorist activities including illegal arms, counterfeit note trade and extortion.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Money laundering: Report against 8 including Papul on Jan 31
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- ULAB student rape, death: DJ Neha lands in jail