Cyclone ‘Kiar’ approaching, winter may arrive in Oct
Published: 12:36 28 September 2019 Updated: 17:06 28 September 2019
There is a possibility of two depressions may form in the Bay of Bengal in next month. Which can take the form of a strong cyclone named ‘Kiar’. The Department of Meteorological forecasts that winter may arrive after this cyclone.
The Meteorological Department said the Bay of Bengal is calm but it may be stormy soon. The overall rainfall is expected to increase again from September 29, according to the forecast.
Department sources said the duration and strength of the east wind is increased. The duration and energy of the east wind may fluctuate due to natural causes. As a result, the eastern rainfall can increase its strength and extend its schedule by five more days until October 5.
Meanwhile, due to the strong winds prevailing till October 7, there will be heavy rainfalls may occur in many parts of the country and moderately heavy rainfalls may occur in many areas of the coastal region at the beginning of Sharadiya Durga Puja.
But at the same time, the weather is likely to remain normal in the northern region. During this, rain may occur in most areas of Rajshahi, Barishal, Khulna, and Chattogram.
The monsoon winds may depart from October 6 to October 9. The wind is currently more active in the southwestern region of Bangladesh. Effective from September 29 to October 4, may depart October 7.
Meanwhile, a low may form on September 30 and may hit the Satkhira region and bring rain to the surrounding areas including Kolkata and many areas of Khulna, Barishal, Chattogram, Rajshahi Division. The country may hit by a strong rainstorm or cyclone from October 12 to October 22.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Asian Rising & Promising Star Arik Morshed
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Bengali calendar changes
- Dr Arif, the top young scientists in Japan
- DU student rape: Books, inhalers recovered
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- ‘Construction work of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge from 2020’
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- Dhaka ranks 7th worst in Air Quality Index
- 5 children killed in Mirpur gas cylinder blast
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Principal Siraj beaten by other accused