Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
It may hit Bangladesh by May 4-5
Published: 12:34 26 April 2019 Updated: 13:26 29 April 2019
The intensity of heat is very high across the country especially in Dhaka for a few days. The temperature that was observed for several days is not normal at all. With this, climate change led to excessive warmth, excessive water vapor accumulation in the air. This has resulted in minor alarms in the South Bay; Which can take the form of cyclones. The storm has already been named as ‘Feni’.
According to Climate Expert and Meteorological Department (BMD) officials, ‘Feni’ could be hit in Bangladesh by May 4-5 accumulating tremendous energy. A clear line of low was seen in Sri Lanka towards the Bay of Bengal. If this results, it may reduce the heat. However, the fearful fact - it can take winds of 115-120 kilometers and form as a cyclone.
It is known that its direction cannot possible to specify. But according to the anti-clockwise system, its direction is in Bangladesh and Myanmar Arakan.
Although the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) says that the southern coast of India, from Tamilnadu to Myanmar, it will have more impact on the coast. By May 4-5, it can cross the coast. Before that, the heat may continue till then.
- Budget 2020-2021 at a glance
- Strong cyclone "Amphan" forming in Bay
- Dhaka under zone-based lockdown from Sunday
- Dr. Sabrina still on the run
- Cyclone “Amphan” may hit the coast today
- 1063 coronavirus patients return home after recovery in country
- COVID-19 sample collection to be done by online
‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- 83pc of coronavirus patients only in Dhaka: DGHS
- 1602 coronavirus patients diagnosed in 24 hrs
- 3 ministers buy cows on 1st day of ‘Digital Haat’
- Schools, colleges to remain closed till September if necessary
- New IGP Benazir, Mamun as new RAB DG
- Facebook viral ‘Raihan Bhai’ lands in jail
- Nigeria collects Bangladesh’s COVID-19 drug sending flight