Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
Published: 22:32 25 June 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Cumilla University has announced a Tk 42.17 crore budget for 2019-20 fiscal year.
Kamal Uddin Bhuiyan, in-charge of Office of the Director of Accounts & Finance, placed the budget before the 73rd syndicate meeting held at the administrative building on Monday with Vice-chancellor Prof Dr Emran Kabir Chowdhury in the chair.
Earlier, the Finance Committee approved the proposed budget on June 19.
In the proposed budget, Tk 26.80 crore has been allocated for salaries and allowances of teachers and employees which is 63.6 percent of the total budget.
An allocation of only Tk 1 crore or 2.3 percent has been kept aside for research activities.
The university will get Tk 7 crore from internal sources while Tk 34.54 crore will be sanctioned by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
In 2018-19 fiscal year, the total initial budget outlay of the university was Tk 38.17 crore. Later, it was revised to Tk 39.8 crore.
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UGC alerts on admission to private university
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PEC exam schedule published
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- HSC’s exam routine for 2020 published
- BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
- NU online admission starts Sep 1
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- One held over Buet student Abrar murder