Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
Published: 22:32 25 June 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Cumilla University has announced a Tk 42.17 crore budget for 2019-20 fiscal year.
Kamal Uddin Bhuiyan, in-charge of Office of the Director of Accounts & Finance, placed the budget before the 73rd syndicate meeting held at the administrative building on Monday with Vice-chancellor Prof Dr Emran Kabir Chowdhury in the chair.
Earlier, the Finance Committee approved the proposed budget on June 19.
In the proposed budget, Tk 26.80 crore has been allocated for salaries and allowances of teachers and employees which is 63.6 percent of the total budget.
An allocation of only Tk 1 crore or 2.3 percent has been kept aside for research activities.
The university will get Tk 7 crore from internal sources while Tk 34.54 crore will be sanctioned by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
In 2018-19 fiscal year, the total initial budget outlay of the university was Tk 38.17 crore. Later, it was revised to Tk 39.8 crore.
- 40th BCS seat plan published
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- GUAMC students demonstrate over 6 demands
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam from May 10
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam date changes
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- HSC exam on April 29 rescheduled
- Tk 8,088.49 cr budget for 45 public universities
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- New steps to guard questions for primary recruit test
- JU to go on 41-day vacation tomorrow
- DU Dean election April 29
- ‘Bangabandhu Aviation & Aerospace University’ to be established
- NU postpones April 13 exams