‘Defaming’ holy Quran:
Court orders to crock property of Sefuda
Published: 19:37 19 November 2019 Updated: 19:39 19 November 2019
Sefat Ullah, alias “Sefuda
A Cyber Crime Tribunal court in the capital on Tuesday has ordered to crock Sefatullah Sefuda's all immovable properties in a case filed under the digital security law for allegedly defaming the Muslim religious book, the Holy Quran.
Judge of the cybercrime tribunal of Dhaka, As-Sams Jaglul Hossain, passed the order on Tuesday.
Nazrul Islam Shamim was the lawyer of the state. He said that on September 29, a judge of the Cyber Crime Tribunal of Dhaka, As-Sams Jaglul Hossain, had issued an arrest warrant against Sefuda in a digital security law case. The court asked to report the matter on February 16 next.
Lawyer Nazrul Islam Shamim added that the date for filing an arrest warrant report, in that case, was scheduled today. But when a report was submitted that Sefuda could not be arrested by this time, the judge ordered crock the property of Sefuda.
Earlier, on October 2, a case was filed against Sefat Ullah, alias “Sefuda in a charge of contempt of the Holy Quran. Subsequently, the investigating officer of the case, Sub-Inspector of the Counter-Terrorism and Transnational Crime Unit, Perth Prartim Brahmachari submitted the proven report of the allegation against him on 10th September.
The investigation report said that the accused, Sefuda, was ugly because of obscene and offensive comments in the context of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and countrymen, which presented dissenting among multiple groups; which is an offense under Article 25/29/31 of the Digital Security Act. Therefore, the report was sent to the court to take necessary action against him.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Nusrat murder
OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim