Countrywide vaccination begins from February 8: Health Minister
Published: 13:02 21 January 2021 Updated: 16:43 21 January 2021
Health Minister Zahid Maleque talking to reporters at the airport
Health Minister Zahid Maleque said that countrywide Covid-19 vaccination will begin from February 8 after a week's trial run.
The minister came up with the information while talking to reporters at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka on Thursday morning.
The health minister said that Bangladesh will also be successful in vaccination like in controlling the coronavirus.
Earlier this morning, the shipment of around 1.8 million doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine gifted by India arrived in Bangladesh. A special flight of Air India carrying 16 boxes bearing the vaccines landed at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 11:20 am. The vaccine was administered at the airport by senior officials, including the health minister and the director-general of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- Dewanbagi Pir Syed Mahbub-e-Khoda dies
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day on Friday
- Syed Shamsul Haque’s birth anniversary today
- Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
- Legal action will be taken against fake news portals: Hasan
- Work of Mongla port’s new channel completed before schedule time
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Globe Biotech allowed to produce ‘Bangavax’ vaccine for trial
- Final feasibility survey before next budget
2nd Padma Bridge also to be funded by govt if necessary
- General Ataul Hakim Sarwar Hasan appointed Commandant of NDC
- Bangladesh to deposit money to buy Oxford`s vaccine on Sunday