Country’s 99 pc workers deprived of rights: GM Quader
Published: 18:31 1 May 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Jatiya Party Co-Chairman GM Quader said that government workers' organizations get fair rights. Even in some cases they get more than fair rights. But 99 percent of the country's workers are deprived of the rights.
He said this at the discussion meeting organized by the National Motor Workers Party at Bardanbari Battala intersection of Mirpur Darussalam thana in the capital on the occasion of the May Day.
JP Co-Chairman said, “On May Day we actually came down to the streets with the demand of the workers. Workers have been neglected and deceived all year round. There are many conventional laws that protect workers.”
“But sadly, these true laws are less used for the sake of workers. He also said the Jatiya Party was a labor-intensive government. So, in the coming parliament, along with the streets, the party will play a key role in the parliamentary alliance,” GM Quader also said.
The program presided over by Jatiya Party's Joint Secretary General Mostaqur Rahman Mostak, Jatiya Party's Joint Secretary Sheikh Hasibbul Islam Joy, Mehedi Hasan Shipon and Wahiduzzaman Rana were present as special guests.
In the discussion meeting, Syed Abu Hossain Babla said that the present government is working to protect the interests of the workers. The Jatiya Party has also played a role in extending demand from the workers to the government. “In the future, will talk about the neglected workers in Parliament.” Babala added.
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- DU BCL gets full committee
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- BNP’s Rumeen Farhana takes oath
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Quader for ‘working understanding’ in democracy
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll
- Death news rumored, Ershad is alive: GM Quader