Country’s 99 pc workers deprived of rights: GM Quader
Published: 18:31 1 May 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Jatiya Party Co-Chairman GM Quader said that government workers' organizations get fair rights. Even in some cases they get more than fair rights. But 99 percent of the country's workers are deprived of the rights.
He said this at the discussion meeting organized by the National Motor Workers Party at Bardanbari Battala intersection of Mirpur Darussalam thana in the capital on the occasion of the May Day.
JP Co-Chairman said, “On May Day we actually came down to the streets with the demand of the workers. Workers have been neglected and deceived all year round. There are many conventional laws that protect workers.”
“But sadly, these true laws are less used for the sake of workers. He also said the Jatiya Party was a labor-intensive government. So, in the coming parliament, along with the streets, the party will play a key role in the parliamentary alliance,” GM Quader also said.
The program presided over by Jatiya Party's Joint Secretary General Mostaqur Rahman Mostak, Jatiya Party's Joint Secretary Sheikh Hasibbul Islam Joy, Mehedi Hasan Shipon and Wahiduzzaman Rana were present as special guests.
In the discussion meeting, Syed Abu Hossain Babla said that the present government is working to protect the interests of the workers. The Jatiya Party has also played a role in extending demand from the workers to the government. “In the future, will talk about the neglected workers in Parliament.” Babala added.
- BNP`s politics depends on Television: Quader
- No alternative of unity in coronavirus disaster: Obaidul Quader
- ‘Domestic, foreign clique engaged in propaganda’
- Bangladesh Awami League: 71 yrs of glorious journey
- Former Home Minister Sahara Khatun placed in ICU
- Quader urges to celebrate Eid following health rules
- ‘BNP angry for govt’s hard work against coronavirus’
- Quader blames BNP for spreading virus in public mind
- Mahbubul Alam Hanif flies to Canada
- ‘BNP making provocative remarks to break the unity’
- Adequate foodstuffs reserved in the country: Quader
- Nasim’s condition unchanged after 8 days of life support
- Nasim’s condition stable, remains under observation for 72 hrs
- Islami Oikya Jote chairman Maulana Nezami passes away
- ‘If situation worsens, govt will go tougher decisions again’