Councillor Rajib placed on 14-day remand
Published: 11:01 21 October 2019 Updated: 18:03 21 October 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
A Dhaka court on Sunday night placed Tarekuzzaman Rajib, a ward councillor of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC), on total 14-day remand in two cases lodged under narcotics and arms acts.
Police produced the councillor of ward-33 of DNCC before the court just before midnight and pleaded to place him on total 20-day remand - 10-day for the case filed under Firearms Act and another 10-day for the case under Narcotics Control Act.
After the hearing, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Begum Yasmin Ara placed the crooked councillor on a seven-day remand in arms case and seven-day remand in narcotics case at around 12:15 am.
Earlier on Sunday, Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) handed Rajib over to Bhatara Police Station, filing two cases against him.
On late October 19, members of RAB arrested Rajib from a flat in Basundhara Residential Area. The elite crime-busting agency seized seven bottles of foreign liquor, a foreign-made pistol, a magazine with three bullets, Tk 33,000 in cash and a passport from
that flat. Later on the same night, RAB searched his Mohammadpur house and office but could not trace anything except a cheque of Tk 5 crore.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim