Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
Published: 00:14 24 May 2020 Updated: 01:20 24 May 2020
Coronavirus deaths toll top 342,396 globally
The deadly coronavirus has claimed more than 342,000 lives all over the world, reports Worldometer.com. According to worldometer.com, 342,396 people have died across the world from the deadly virus and 5,369,351 have infected while 2,224,117 have recovered.
The virus, which has spread from China, has so far infected 213 countries and territories around the world.
The United States is the most affected nation by the deadly coronavirus. So far, 1,655,670 people have infected with the virus in the US. Of them, 98,145 have died while 438,562 have recovered.
The United Kingdom has the second-highest numbers of deaths from coronavirus. So far, 36,675 people have died of the virus in the UK while the number of infected is 257,154.
Italy has the third-highest number of deaths. So far, 32,735 people died of the virus in Italy while 229,327 people have infected and 138,840 have recovered.
France remains in the 4th position in case of deaths. The country has so far recorded 182,219 coronavirus cases while 28,289 people have died.
Another European country, Spain remains in the 5th position in terms of death but fourth in terms of infection. The country has reported 28,678 while 281,904 have infected.
South American nation Brazil has the second-highest cases and six-highest deaths. So far, 340,837 people have infected with the virus in the country while 21,678 have died.
Germany has the eight highest coronavirus cases. So far 179,768 people have infected with the virus in the country and 8,354 have died.
In China, the origin of the coronavirus outbreak cases rose by 4 to 82,971 and deaths toll remains 4,634 as no new deaths reported in the past 24 hours.
- Azan changed in Mecca
- Coronavirus: 16 red zones in Dhaka
- 40 more building under ‘lockdown’ in Mirpur
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
3 deaths, 790 cases reported in 24 hrs
- 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 345,289
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 200 in country
- Corona infected identified in Gazipur
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- 5 die in 24 hrs in country, coronavirus cases rises to 5,426
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to 38 million globally
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
Record 786 cases registered in 24hrs in country
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs in country