Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
Published: 13:47 12 June 2019 Updated: 13:49 12 June 2019
A policeman has filed a lawsuit against wife as she deemanded Tk 10 lakh of marital dower and unable to face her torture. Mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law were the culprits of torture.
On Monday, the policeman Ziad Khan filed the lawsuit against wife with the Barisal Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court. He is working in Barisal RRF Police Lines.
Judge Maruf Ahmed has ordered the Kashipur UP chairman of Barisal Sadar to investigate the matter and submit it in the court.
The accused are - wife Jannatul Naima Eti, mother-in-law Jahanara Begum, sister-in-law Fatema Mukti and brother-in-law Mohona Panchayet. Jannatul Naima, daughter of Nasir Panchayet of Billobari village of Kashipur UP.
Court Bench Assistant (Peskar) Md Jahirul Islam quoted the case as saying that
Jannatul and Ziad Khan were known each other through Facebook. On September 24, 2018, Jannatul made marriage dower (Kabin) by keeping Ziad as a hostage. Later, they rented the house of Sultan Ghazi of the RRF Police Lines and lived there.
On April 11, Jannatul demanded Tk 10 lakhs of marital dower from husband. As refusing to pay the money, Jannatul started torture to Ziad in different ways, such as not giving food to husband after returning from duty, even did not talk to her husband properly. Ziad used to tolerate everything because of obloquy.
Later, Jannatul went to her father’s house with Tk 1,20,000 and other valuable items. When he tried to bring her back, she demanded Tk 10 lakh dowry from husband.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Refat laid to rest
- Four people held over Rifat killing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Rifat Murder
Second prime accused Rifat Farazi held
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- 3 in remand over Rifat murder case
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Tk 8 lakh for ‘Raja Babu’