Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
Published: 13:47 12 June 2019 Updated: 13:49 12 June 2019
A policeman has filed a lawsuit against wife as she deemanded Tk 10 lakh of marital dower and unable to face her torture. Mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law were the culprits of torture.
On Monday, the policeman Ziad Khan filed the lawsuit against wife with the Barisal Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court. He is working in Barisal RRF Police Lines.
Judge Maruf Ahmed has ordered the Kashipur UP chairman of Barisal Sadar to investigate the matter and submit it in the court.
The accused are - wife Jannatul Naima Eti, mother-in-law Jahanara Begum, sister-in-law Fatema Mukti and brother-in-law Mohona Panchayet. Jannatul Naima, daughter of Nasir Panchayet of Billobari village of Kashipur UP.
Court Bench Assistant (Peskar) Md Jahirul Islam quoted the case as saying that
Jannatul and Ziad Khan were known each other through Facebook. On September 24, 2018, Jannatul made marriage dower (Kabin) by keeping Ziad as a hostage. Later, they rented the house of Sultan Ghazi of the RRF Police Lines and lived there.
On April 11, Jannatul demanded Tk 10 lakhs of marital dower from husband. As refusing to pay the money, Jannatul started torture to Ziad in different ways, such as not giving food to husband after returning from duty, even did not talk to her husband properly. Ziad used to tolerate everything because of obloquy.
Later, Jannatul went to her father’s house with Tk 1,20,000 and other valuable items. When he tried to bring her back, she demanded Tk 10 lakh dowry from husband.
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Feni madrasa principal put on 7-day remand
- Alim examinee set on fire
DMCH formed board for Feni`s Nusrat Rafi
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Fire at Titas Gas Field, doused after 1hr
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Anti-Muslim attack in NZ mosque
Woman died while saving her husband
- Arson attack on Feni madrasa girl: another arrested