Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim
Published: 11:09 3 October 2019 Updated: 11:58 3 October 2019
Police have appealed remand for interrogating Selim Pradhan and two of his associates Akhteruzzaman and Rokon, the key gamblers of the online gambling and casino business.
On Wednesday, Aminul Islam, an Inspector of Gulshan Police Station filed a petition seeking arrest warrant and seven-day remand in a court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Dhiman Chandra Mandal. As the accused are in jail, the court has fixed the day for hearing on Thursday.
On the other hand, the court fixed the date on November 3 to submit a report by accepting the charges of money laundering and drug acts against Selim lodged in the Gulshan Police Station.
Gulshan Police Station SI Rakibul Hasan confirmed the matter.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) filed a lawsuit under money laundering laws with the Gulshan Police Station against the 8 accused, including Salem Pradhan, the main criminal of the online casino. The RAB has also filed another case against the Salem Pradhan under the Drug Control Act.
Also, on Tuesday, a mobile court sentenced Salim Pradhan to six months jail in the Wildlife Conservation Act for keeping two deer skins.
Earlier, the RAB detained Casino Selim from a flight of Thai Airways at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Monday afternoon. After initial interrogation, the RAB launched a drive in his residence ‘Mamtaz Vision’ at Gulshan-2 at around 10:00 pm. Then another drive was conducted in Banani’s office.
During these two drives, RAB recovered 48 foreign liquor bottles, Tk 29,05,500 cash, the foreign currency of 27 countries (worth Tk 77,63,000), 12 passports, 32 checkbooks of 12 banks, a large server, four laptops, and two deer skins.
- HC orders to remove video of woman assaulting naked in Noakhali
- No woman hanged so far in country’s history
- Rifat murder case
Minni appeals; seeks acquittal from death penalty
- Attack on UNO Wahida : Two accused on 7-day remand
- Legal notice for banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee
- HC accepts Minni’s appeal, fine suspended
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- HC issues rule to repeal anti-abortion clause
- Dancer Evan lands in jail for trafficking women in Dubai
- Papia, her husband get 27yrs in prison
- Minni was “Mastermind”: State Prosecutor
- 5 get death penalty for rape for first time in country
- 2 children who return home after midnight HC order are fine
- 3 to die for killing NSU student Payal
- 6 to die for killing school teacher, his wife