Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim
Published: 11:09 3 October 2019 Updated: 11:58 3 October 2019
Police have appealed remand for interrogating Selim Pradhan and two of his associates Akhteruzzaman and Rokon, the key gamblers of the online gambling and casino business.
On Wednesday, Aminul Islam, an Inspector of Gulshan Police Station filed a petition seeking arrest warrant and seven-day remand in a court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Dhiman Chandra Mandal. As the accused are in jail, the court has fixed the day for hearing on Thursday.
On the other hand, the court fixed the date on November 3 to submit a report by accepting the charges of money laundering and drug acts against Selim lodged in the Gulshan Police Station.
Gulshan Police Station SI Rakibul Hasan confirmed the matter.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) filed a lawsuit under money laundering laws with the Gulshan Police Station against the 8 accused, including Salem Pradhan, the main criminal of the online casino. The RAB has also filed another case against the Salem Pradhan under the Drug Control Act.
Also, on Tuesday, a mobile court sentenced Salim Pradhan to six months jail in the Wildlife Conservation Act for keeping two deer skins.
Earlier, the RAB detained Casino Selim from a flight of Thai Airways at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Monday afternoon. After initial interrogation, the RAB launched a drive in his residence ‘Mamtaz Vision’ at Gulshan-2 at around 10:00 pm. Then another drive was conducted in Banani’s office.
During these two drives, RAB recovered 48 foreign liquor bottles, Tk 29,05,500 cash, the foreign currency of 27 countries (worth Tk 77,63,000), 12 passports, 32 checkbooks of 12 banks, a large server, four laptops, and two deer skins.
- Travel ban imposed on Bashundhara MD
- 17 cases lodged so far against Mamunul Haque
- Bomb at Sheikh Hasina’s rally: 14 militants gets death penalty
- Hefazat leader Mamunul put on 7-day remand
- Court orders to interrogate actress Romana, 2 others at jail gate
- Case lodged against 17 incl Hefazat’s Mamunul Haque
- Killing businessman at Dakshin Khan
Japani Hannan on 8 days remand
- No anticipatory bail for Bashundhara MD: HC
- Anushka rape-murder: Probe report against Dihan Apr 7
- Attempted murder: Probe report against Toma Mirza deferred
- Child speaker Rafiqul Islam on 2-day remand
- Probe report of actress Toma’s lawsuit against husband Apr 8
- Illegal Brick-kiln
Contempt of court rule against 3 including Chattogram DC
- Trial of DGHS’s driver Malek begins
- Hefazat’s Dhaka Metropolitan chief Junaid Al Habib detained