Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim
Published: 11:09 3 October 2019 Updated: 11:58 3 October 2019
Police have appealed remand for interrogating Selim Pradhan and two of his associates Akhteruzzaman and Rokon, the key gamblers of the online gambling and casino business.
On Wednesday, Aminul Islam, an Inspector of Gulshan Police Station filed a petition seeking arrest warrant and seven-day remand in a court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Dhiman Chandra Mandal. As the accused are in jail, the court has fixed the day for hearing on Thursday.
On the other hand, the court fixed the date on November 3 to submit a report by accepting the charges of money laundering and drug acts against Selim lodged in the Gulshan Police Station.
Gulshan Police Station SI Rakibul Hasan confirmed the matter.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) filed a lawsuit under money laundering laws with the Gulshan Police Station against the 8 accused, including Salem Pradhan, the main criminal of the online casino. The RAB has also filed another case against the Salem Pradhan under the Drug Control Act.
Also, on Tuesday, a mobile court sentenced Salim Pradhan to six months jail in the Wildlife Conservation Act for keeping two deer skins.
Earlier, the RAB detained Casino Selim from a flight of Thai Airways at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Monday afternoon. After initial interrogation, the RAB launched a drive in his residence ‘Mamtaz Vision’ at Gulshan-2 at around 10:00 pm. Then another drive was conducted in Banani’s office.
During these two drives, RAB recovered 48 foreign liquor bottles, Tk 29,05,500 cash, the foreign currency of 27 countries (worth Tk 77,63,000), 12 passports, 32 checkbooks of 12 banks, a large server, four laptops, and two deer skins.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Nusrat murder
OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim