Consulting firm for Payra port terminal appointed
Published: 15:13 23 April 2019 Updated: 15:15 23 April 2019
The government has appointed consulting firm for the construction of the two terminals at Payra port by 2021, under the government’s medium-term plan.
Sources informed that the government will build at least two terminals including six berths under this plan. It’s also known that, there will be a 10.5 miter depth cannel reservation system here. A project titled ‘Construction of first terminal and accessory facilities at Paira sea port’ has been launched, the source added.
It is learnt that, under this project, a terminal and other accessories will be built with three berths by 2021. In the implementation of the project by 2021, a total of Tk. 3,982 crore has been allocated in the ECNEC meeting. To speedily implement the project, an agreement has been signed between the Payra Port Authority and the three Korean consultant organizations (Joint Venture) in a special meeting held at the Shipping Ministry auditorium on Tuesday.
The three Korean companies are - Kunha Engineering and Consulting Company Limited, Dayeong Engineering Company Limited and Heerim Architects and Planners Company Limited.
In the meeting, Shipping Ministry secretariat Md. Abdus Samad attainted while Payra Port Authority Chairman Commodore M Jahangir Alam, Kunha Engineering and Consulting Company Limited’s chairman Jiong Lanoh, Dayeong Engineering Company Limited’s Director Daye Jinky and Heerim Architects and Planners Company Limited’s Country manager Eyun Sangju signed the agreement.
In order to implement the project, a single team and some sub-teams will complete all the consultant work while all the tasks are divided into two phases. Those are Design Phase and Supervision Phase.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the Payra seaport in Kalapara upazila of Patuakhali district on November 19, 2013.
- Consulting firm for Payra port terminal appointed
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Mirsarai Economic Zone to witness factory operation in July
- Asia markets climb as Fed signals possible rate cut
- Two-day BPO Summit begins tomorrow
- ‘1000 workers will go abroad from each upazila’
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- 10-day Jamdani fair to begin in city May 16
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Poverty rate comes down
- Aarong’s VAT evasion in light now !
- Govt moves to strengthen flower marketing system
- RAKUB recovers Taka 200 crore in Boishakhi Mela
- Concern to est research Inst for textile sector dev