Consulting firm for Payra port terminal appointed
Published: 15:13 23 April 2019 Updated: 15:15 23 April 2019
The government has appointed consulting firm for the construction of the two terminals at Payra port by 2021, under the government’s medium-term plan.
Sources informed that the government will build at least two terminals including six berths under this plan. It’s also known that, there will be a 10.5 miter depth cannel reservation system here. A project titled ‘Construction of first terminal and accessory facilities at Paira sea port’ has been launched, the source added.
It is learnt that, under this project, a terminal and other accessories will be built with three berths by 2021. In the implementation of the project by 2021, a total of Tk. 3,982 crore has been allocated in the ECNEC meeting. To speedily implement the project, an agreement has been signed between the Payra Port Authority and the three Korean consultant organizations (Joint Venture) in a special meeting held at the Shipping Ministry auditorium on Tuesday.
The three Korean companies are - Kunha Engineering and Consulting Company Limited, Dayeong Engineering Company Limited and Heerim Architects and Planners Company Limited.
In the meeting, Shipping Ministry secretariat Md. Abdus Samad attainted while Payra Port Authority Chairman Commodore M Jahangir Alam, Kunha Engineering and Consulting Company Limited’s chairman Jiong Lanoh, Dayeong Engineering Company Limited’s Director Daye Jinky and Heerim Architects and Planners Company Limited’s Country manager Eyun Sangju signed the agreement.
In order to implement the project, a single team and some sub-teams will complete all the consultant work while all the tasks are divided into two phases. Those are Design Phase and Supervision Phase.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the Payra seaport in Kalapara upazila of Patuakhali district on November 19, 2013.
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Excise duty on bank deposits increasing
- BB relaxes interest on all types of bank loans
- ADB approves additional $500m for Bangladesh
- Who gets govt stimulus Tk 2500
- TCB starts selling onion at Tk 25
- Price of tobacco products increase in FY21
- WB approves $500m for Bangladesh road connectivity development
- Global economy may suffer up to 9.7 pc due to COVID-19: ADB
20 million people to be given cash directly
- Bangladesh ranks 9th in strongest emerging economies
- Permission granted to open shopping malls, but..
- Mobile call rate, internet cost increasing
- Goods unloading suspended at Chattogram port
- Finance Minister to present budget proposal today