Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
Published: 13:40 29 December 2020 Updated: 15:37 29 December 2020
The ongoing mild to moderate cold wave is likely to continue at some places in the next 24 hours commencing at 9:00 am today, the Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) predicted on Tuesday.
According to the Met Office release issued this morning, "Mild to moderate cold wave is sweeping over Khulna division and the regions of Madaripur, Gopalgonj, Srimangal, Rajshahi, Ishurdi, Badalgachi, Dinajpur, Tetulia, Rajarhat, Barishal and Khepupara and it may continue at some places."
Minimum temperature of the country was recorded today 7.3 degrees celsius at Srimangal and Chuadanga and maximum temperature 29.0 degrees Celsius at Teknaf on Monday, the Met Office said.
Meanwhile, the BMD forecasted that weather may remain dry over the country till tomorrow morning. Besides, moderate to thick fog may occur at places over the river basins of the country and light to moderate fog may occur elsewhere over the country, the release added.
Night and day temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country.
The sun sets at 5:21 pm today and rises at 6:40 am tomorrow in Dhaka.
- Maulana Golam Sarwar Saide dies
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- Dewanbagi Pir Syed Mahbub-e-Khoda dies
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day on Friday
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- Syed Shamsul Haque’s birth anniversary today
- Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
- Legal action will be taken against fake news portals: Hasan
- Work of Mongla port’s new channel completed before schedule time
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Globe Biotech allowed to produce ‘Bangavax’ vaccine for trial
- Final feasibility survey before next budget
2nd Padma Bridge also to be funded by govt if necessary
- Bangladesh to deposit money to buy Oxford`s vaccine on Sunday