Clean tech fair begins promoting environment friendly metals
Published: 22:57 26 June 2019
A two-day “Clean Technology Fair” began today in the capital to make a bridge between industry owners and technology suppliers aiming at creating improved production processes of metal components for Bangladesh construction sector.
A total of 70 clean technology providers are being exhibited their different services at the fair while numbers of banks also joined offering their “Green Banking” loan schemes, a press release said here.
Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) organised the fair as a local partner of the European Union (EU) supported “Metabuild” project at Institution of Diploma Engineers, Bangladesh (IDEB) Bhaban here,
Chairman of Sustainable and Renewable Energy Development Authority (SREDA) Md Helal Uddin inaugurated the fair as the chief guest while DCCI Senior Vice President Waqar Ahmad Choudhury delivered welcome speech.
SREDA’s Energy Efficiency and Conservation Member Siddique Zobair, EU programme Managers Dario Trombetta and Manfred Femholz, Metabuild Senior technical expert Rajat Batra and DCCI Vice President Imran Ahmed also spoke among others.
They hoped that the fail will be an ideal platform for the technology suppliers to explore the large growth potential Bangladesh market and to establish new partnerships.
The four-year ‘Metabuild’ project, started in 2016, is being conducted by a consortium consisting of seven partners while the DCCI is the local partner in Bangladesh.
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), India is the overall coordinator and in charge of project implementation while AREC (Austria) and STENUM Asia (India) are providing the technical inputs.
The overall objectives of the project are to create improved production processes of metal components and to improve environmental quality as well as working and living conditions in Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
- Solar eclipse: ‘Ring of Fire’ around sun after 172 yrs
- Rare Solar Eclipse started in Bangladesh
- Russia successfully tests alternative internet
- Google Doodle celebrates Zainul Abedin’s birthday
- WhatsApp stopped working on millions of phones
- 1st driving test of ‘Mars 2020 rover’ completed
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- It was invitation, not legal notice: Telenor
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- All eyes on Dec 26 ‘Ring of Fire’ in sky
- Storm over new black hole issue
- Mass people to experience 5G at Digital Bangladesh Mela
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show