Clean tech fair begins promoting environment friendly metals
Published: 22:57 26 June 2019
A two-day “Clean Technology Fair” began today in the capital to make a bridge between industry owners and technology suppliers aiming at creating improved production processes of metal components for Bangladesh construction sector.
A total of 70 clean technology providers are being exhibited their different services at the fair while numbers of banks also joined offering their “Green Banking” loan schemes, a press release said here.
Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) organised the fair as a local partner of the European Union (EU) supported “Metabuild” project at Institution of Diploma Engineers, Bangladesh (IDEB) Bhaban here,
Chairman of Sustainable and Renewable Energy Development Authority (SREDA) Md Helal Uddin inaugurated the fair as the chief guest while DCCI Senior Vice President Waqar Ahmad Choudhury delivered welcome speech.
SREDA’s Energy Efficiency and Conservation Member Siddique Zobair, EU programme Managers Dario Trombetta and Manfred Femholz, Metabuild Senior technical expert Rajat Batra and DCCI Vice President Imran Ahmed also spoke among others.
They hoped that the fail will be an ideal platform for the technology suppliers to explore the large growth potential Bangladesh market and to establish new partnerships.
The four-year ‘Metabuild’ project, started in 2016, is being conducted by a consortium consisting of seven partners while the DCCI is the local partner in Bangladesh.
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), India is the overall coordinator and in charge of project implementation while AREC (Austria) and STENUM Asia (India) are providing the technical inputs.
The overall objectives of the project are to create improved production processes of metal components and to improve environmental quality as well as working and living conditions in Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- Freelancers to get ID card
- Differences between official and unofficial smartphones
- ‘Female Blackout’ protest against rape on Facebook
- How to create your own Facebook Avatar
- Facebook ‘Avatar’ now the cause of annoyance
- ‘GoPro Hero 9’ might come with front display
- NASA to send a new toilet to Space Station
- Digital detox: $1,000 for spending weekend offline
- Apple loses $81 billion of market value as 5G iPhone 12 launched
- Sabhanaz Rashid made Facebook`s Bangladesh affairs officer
- US Air Force to flock plane 5 times the speed of sound
- T-Rex fossil sells for record-breaking $31.8m
- Baffling radio signal coming from inside Milky Way Galaxy
- Lakes of liquid water discovered on Mars
- Hungarian banks, telecoms services retarded by cyber attack