Classes hold in risky building
Published: 19:11 9 October 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Puthia Girls High School one of the oldest schools in Puthia Upazilla of Rajshahi, established in 1968. Over 650 students are studying in the school at present.
10 years earlier, cracks were found in the school building but proper measurements were not taken then. For this having no way left, teachers are holding classes accepting risk in the cracked building.
Among the 6 rooms — 3 are used for administrative purposes and rest 3 for the class purposes. The returning wall was made when 10 years earlier creaks were found on the northern wall of every room.
Nabila Rahman, a ninth-grade student and Karima Khatun Maya, a seventh-grade student said they are studying in the midst of panic as the building is risky. It is disrupting the attention. Long days problem has not been solved yet. The wall may collapse at any time.
Assistant Head Master Majharul Islam and Senior Assistant Teacher Nilfa Sultana said students cannot pay attention in the study for the panic as if the building collapsed.
Abdus Sattar, the principal of the school said he informed all the UNOs including those in charge for ten years, in a written form that the building is in danger. “They just give verbal reassurance. In addition, applications have been sent to the concerned office,” he added.
While asking to Puthia Upazilla Education Officer Zahidul Haque said, they don't handle the building regarding the issue, the Department of Education Engineering handles such matters.
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Tk 8 lakh for ‘Raja Babu’
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Court denies bail for Minni
- ‘Benapole Express’ launches
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- My father-in-law’s head not okay: Minni