Class-XI admission begins
Classes to be started online
Published: 11:43 13 September 2020 Updated: 15:42 13 September 2020
Admission in class XI begins; File Photo
The admission process for the eleventh-grade (Class-XI) has started from Sunday, September 13, and will run until September 17. Besides, online classes are being started for the newly admitted students in Class-XI to continue their educational activities during the school-college closure due to the coronavirus situation.
According to the Inter-Education Coordinating Board, classes for the eleventh-grade students will start in the first week of October and the textbooks will be available in the market from October 1, aiming to start online classes.
Earlier, the inter-education board coordinator Professor Md. Ziaul Haque told the media that the online classes will continue due to the coronavirus situation. After that, when the educational institution opens, normal classes will start.
According to the decision of the committee, the students will be admitted to the college until September 17. The government has already published the policy for this. Two separate gazette notifications have also been issued on September 8.
It instructed that MPO registered educational institutions in the municipal area cannot collect a total of Tk 1000, Tk 2000 in the municipal (district headquarters) area, and Tk 3000 in other metropolitan areas except Dhaka metropolis from students for admission.
Besides, no more than Tk 5,000 can be collected for admission in MPO registered educational institutions in Dhaka metropolitan area.
Earlier, a maximum of Tk 8000 was fixed for the English version and Tk 7000 for the Bangla version for the development of partial MPO or non-MPO educational institutions in the Dhaka metropolitan area and for the payment of salaries and allowances to non-MPO teachers.
This year, the students who have passed the SSC and equivalent examinations applied for admission in three phases. About 14 lakh students have applied for admission. This year 16,90,523 have passed SSC and equivalent examinations.
Earlier, due to the ongoing coronavirus situation, the application for admission in Class-XI started online at 7:00 am on August 9. It lasted till August 20.
- SSC exams in 2021 likely to be cancelled
- 42nd, 43rd BCS circular today
- BUP lecturer leaves for Cambridge with Commonwealth scholarship
- 43rd BCS circular soon
- How students to be promoted from class 8 to class 9
- Monthly internet bundle at Tk 100 for students
- Hidden stories behind a ‘viral anti-rape’ photo
- No ‘autopass’, students to pass into next class on assessment
- Next SSC-HSC exams likely to be delayed
- Dipu Moni: HSC exam to be taken in two weeks’ preparations
- Class-XI admission begins
- Decision on HSC exams schedule today
- No quota for primary teachers recruitment
- 40th BCS written exam results to be published soon
- Online classes for Grade XI begins