China to invest $9.11m in Adamjee EPZ
Published: 23:27 5 December 2019
Chinese company Ms. Cherry Button Limited is going to set up a garments accessories manufacturing industry in Adamjee Export Processing Zone (EPZ) with an investment of US$ 9.11 million.
In presence of Bangladesh Export Processing Zone (BEPZA) Executive Chairman Major General S M Salahuddin Islam, BEPZA and Ms. Cherry Button Limited today inked an agreement at BEPZA Complex in the city, said a press release.
BEZA Member (Investment Promotion) Zillur Rahman and Chairman of the Ms. Cherry Button Limited Ms. Ma Miaoyan signed the agreement on behalf of their respective organizations.
This fully foreign-owned company will produce annually 1,440 million pieces button and 50 million pieces zipper. A total of 366 Bangladeshi nationals will get employment opportunity in Ms. Cherry Button Limited.
Member (Engineering) Mohammad Faruque Alam, Project Director (BEPZA Economic Zone) Md Hafizur Rahman, General Manager (Public Relations) Nazma Binte Alamgir and General Manager (Investment Promotion) of BEPZA Md Tanvir Hossain were also present at the signing ceremony.
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Weeklong Income Tax fair set to begin Nov 14
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Middle-Eastern expats ahead in remittance
- Malaysian investors dazed at amazing dev of Bangladesh
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China