China to invest 33 million USD in agriculture: Razzaque
Published: 15:58 17 May 2019
Agriculture Minister Dr Md Abdur Razzaque today said China will invest 33 million USD in the agriculture sector to contribute to the development of Bangladesh.
“A company in China is going to invest 33 million USD in agriculture sector in Bangladesh and also set up three agricultural processing industries in the country,” he said after a meeting with the Chinese ambassador to Dhaka , an official release said.
The ambassador along with some Chinese delegates met the minister at his office, it added.
During the meeting, they talked about various issues related to the interest of the two countries.
The agriculture minister also said the incumbent government had been working relentlessly to make the people of Bangladesh better by ensuring standard food and nutrition through modernization of agriculture and becoming a developed country before 2041.
Director of the Political Section of the Chinese Embassy Zheng Tianzhuo and Attach, of the Political Section Hu Zhiying were also present on the occasion.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- ‘Country’s foreign exchange reserve $33 billion’
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Tk 2,02,721cr ADP in FY20 budget
- US-China trade war turning out to be boon for Bangladesh