Child wounded by outsider’s pelting in running train
Published: 20:20 18 January 2020
A two-year-old child named Afrida Jahan Ruhi has been seriously injured by a stone pelted from outside in the running train in Srimangal upazila in Maulvibazar.
It is reported that while the Sylhet-bound Parabat Express from Dhaka arrived at Satgaon area on Saturday morning the stones were thrown to the running train.
The Injured Afridi Jahan Ruhi was identified as the daughter of Md. Rasel Ahmed of the Sylhet Zindabazar area.
"My wife was going to Sylhet by train from Dhaka with her two children. When the train reached the Satgaon area of Srimangal the stones were thrown to the running train from outside of the railway line while my child was seriously injured as the stone hurt her. She was later admitted to Srimangal Upazila Health Complex,” Rasel Ahmed said.
Narayan, a doctor working in the emergency department of Srimangal Upazila Health Complex, said that the child was shifted to Osmani Medical College Hospital in Sylhet for advanced treatment.
Alamgir Hossain, officer-in-charge of Shrimangal Railway Police Station, said that they were informed as well as they would take steps to catch the accused who threw the stones.
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah dies
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Wedding of garments owners’ daughter today
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Feni govt college ridden in trouble