Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
Published: 18:21 15 October 2019
Two relatives have given their statements on the issue of the brutal murder of child Tuhin Hasan, 5, at Kezaura village in Derai Upazila in Sunamganj.
On Tuesday afternoon, they appeared in the court of Sunamganj Chief Judicial Magistrate Khaled Miah. At that time, the media personnel were not allowed to present there.
Acting SP Mizanur Rahman said, “The names of the two are not being revealed in the interest of a proper investigation. However, a press conference will be held soon regarding the murder and cases.”
Seven people including the child’s father-uncle were detained for questioning over the murder. Two of them have been taken before the court for the confessional statements. The remaining are still behind the bars, Mizan also said.
Earlier on Monday, Tuhin, son of Abdul Baser Mia of Kenaura village in the upazila, was brutally murdered by some miscreants. Victim’s relatives said Tuhin was picked up by the killers from his house sometime at night while he was asleep.
The miscreants severed his ear, private parts, and throat and hung his body from a tree. Two knives used in the murder were found stuck in his abdomen.
Considering the intensity of the violence, the news of the murder triggered widespread outcry on social media.
On information, police recovered the body of the child and sent it to Sunamganj Sadar Hospital for autopsy. The body of the child was buried on Monday night after autopsy.
Like any other day, Baser Mia along with his three sons and two daughters were sleeping after having their dinner. They woke up hearing the sound of the door opening around 3:00 am when Tuhin was already missing from the house.
After searching for an hour they found the body of the minor hanging from a tree beside a local mosque.
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah dies
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Wedding of garments owners’ daughter today
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Feni govt college ridden in trouble