Chattogram port resumes operation
Published: 17:50 21 May 2020
Chattogram Port, file photo; collected
Meteorological Department has withdrawn the danger signal as the super cyclone Amphan has weakened and turned into a low pressure. Therefore, Chattogram port has started operation after 48 hours by downing the warning signal.
Chattogram Port Authority member (administration) Mohammad Zafar Alam said the activities started on Thursday morning.
He said 19 ships sent into the deep sea from the port jetty were being repatriated. Meanwhile, four ships have reached the jetty. The rest will come as usual.
Earlier, lighter-coaster vessels of canals 15, 18 and Gupta were sent upstream of the Shah Amanat Bridge on the Karnafuli River.
- BB releases commemorative notes marking ‘Mujib Borsho’
- Where Tk 200 note will be available
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- SME products fair begins in Magura
- Foreign exchange reserves $33bn again
- ADB announces $650cr initial response to corona pandemic
- BB relaxes interest on all types of bank loans
- Interest on P.O. savings to return to previous rates
- TCB starts selling onion at Tk 25
- Bangladesh to export PPE after meeting local demand
- Tk15,000cr fund formed to support business and service sector
- ‘Hospitals similar to China to be built to combat corona’
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Global economy may suffer up to 9.7 pc due to COVID-19: ADB
- All expatriates will get incentives on remittance