Chargesheet pressed against Samrat
Published: 12:37 6 November 2019 Updated: 13:41 6 November 2019
RAB on Wednesday has submitted the chargesheet accusing Ismail Chowdhury Samrat aka Casino Samrat, expelled president of Dhaka Metropolitan South Jubo League, over Arms case.
Shekhar Chandra Mallick, a sub-inspector of RAB-1, submitted the chargesheet with the Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate’s Court.
Confirming the matter, RAB’s Law and Media Branch Assistant Director Mizanur Rahman told Daily Bangladesh, “RAB has submitted a chargesheet accusing Ismail Chowdhury Samrat in a case under Arms Act with Ramna Police Station.”
Ismail Chowdhury Samrat, the most discussed accused at the beginning of the anti-casino drive, was arrested along with his accomplice Arman on October 6 from Kunjushripur village of Alkara union of Cumilla’s Chauddagram.
Later, a magazine with 5-round bullets, a foreign pistol, two electric shock machines and two sticks were recovered in a drive conducted his capital’s Kakrail office.
RAB-1 DAD Abdul Khalek filed a case with Ramna Police Station under the Arms and Drug Control Act. Besides, he was sentenced to six months in jail by a RAB mobile court for obtaining the skin of rare species of animals, including Kangaroo.
On October 18, the court granted Samrat a total of 10-days remand in two cases of Ramna Police Station. Later, the RAB interrogated him at the DB office. The former Juba League leader is currently in jail after remand.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim