Chargesheet against ‘Golden Monir’ submitted in Arms and Narcotics cases
Published: 12:18 26 January 2021
RAB arrested ‘Golden Monir’ on November 21 from his Merul Badda residence
Detective Branch of police has submitted two chargesheet against Md Monir Hossain, popularly known as ‘Golden Monir’ in the cases filed under the Narcotics Control Act and Arms Act.
DB Police Inspector Abdul Malek, the investigating officer in the cases, filed the chargesheet with the Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate's Court on Tuesday.
Sub-Inspector Mazharul Islam, general registration officer of Badda police station, confirmed the information.
Earlier on December 13, a Dhaka court rejected his bail petition in a case filed under the Narcotics Control Act. On December 3, two courts in Dhaka placed Golden Monir on total nine-day remand in three separate cases lodged with the Badda Police Station. Earlier on November 22, two courts had placed the accused on total 18-day remand in the three cases.
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested Monir on November 21 and recovered a foreign-made pistol, bullets, foreign liquor, currencies of ten countries, eight kilograms of gold ornaments, and Tk1.9 crore in cash, including Tk 900,000 in foreign currencies, from his Merul Badda residence.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Hearing of case against Sabrina, Ariful adjourned till Dec 15
- HC asks for dual citizens, passport holders lists