Charge framing of Nusrat murder Jun 20, 5 exempted
Published: 18:04 10 June 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The charge framing hearing in the murder case of madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi of Sonagazi, Feni slated to begin from June 20.
Judge Mamunur Rashid of Feni’s Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal gave the order on Monday after receiving the chargesheet.
Five of the 21 accused arrested in the case were exempted. Besides, the court has rejected the bail of seven of the 16 accused in the chargesheet.
The exempted are- Nusrat’s classmates Ariful Islam, Noor Hossain, Kafayet Ullah Jony, Mohammad Alauddin, Shahidul Islam.
Accused that tare in the chargesheet- former principal of Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa SM Siraj Ud-Daula, Noor Uddin, Shahadat Hossain Shamim, Councilor Maksud Alam alias Maksud, Saifur Rahman Mohammad Jobair, Jabed Hossain alias Sakhawat Hossain, Hafez Abdul Kader, Afsar Uddin, Kamrun Nahar Moni ,Umme Sultana alias Poppy alias Tuhin alias Shampa, Abdur Rahim Sharif, Iftekhar Uddin Rana, Imran Hossain alias Mamun, former vice-president of Madrasa Ruhul Amin, Mohiuddin Shakil, Mohammad Shamim.
“As the plaintiff did not object, the court took the chargesheet today,” said the plaintiff's lawyer M. Shahjahan Saju. “After the formation of the complaint on June 20, the process of prosecution and trial will begin.”
Expressing satisfaction over the investigation report of the case, Nusrat’s elder brother Mahmudul Hasan Noman said, “We have no objection. The Home Minister is monitoring the case himself. Hopefully, OC Moazzem will be arrested soon.”
On April 6, Nusrat Jahan Rafi, a student of Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa, was set ablaze for refusing to withdraw a sexual harassment case against her principal Siraj Ud-Daula. The Alim examinee succumbed to her injuries at Dhaka Medical College Hospital five days later, triggering a public outcry.
Nusrat’s elder brother Mahmudul Hassan Noman filed the case with Sonagazi Model Police Station mentioning the names of eight including Principal Siraj Ud Daula. Police have arrested 21 people till now, including eight accused in the case.
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- HC for Tk 10 lakh comp to Abrar’s family
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Subarnachar gang rape
HC revokes bail of Subarnachar rape accused
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Suprobhat Paribahan driver put on 7-day remand
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Student killed in Barguna School ceiling collapse
Writ files seeking Tk 1 cr for compensation
- ACC`s charge sheet accused 12 incl Sonali Bank GM
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- Modhumoti Model Town remains illegal
- Gatco graft case: hearing deferred again
- SC stays ex-MP Rana’s bail till Mar 31
- Nusrat murder: Writ seeks judicial probe