‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
Published: 09:47 18 September 2019 Updated: 14:05 18 September 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Tuhin alias Chapati Tuhin, a top terrorist in Narayanganj, has been killed in a gunfight at Sayedpur area in Deobhog of the district early Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Tuhin alias Chapati Tuhin, son of Kawsar Hossain of Shantinagar area in the area. There have been multiple cases, including murder, against him.
Assistant Superintendent of Police Mashiur Rahman of Adamjee RAB-1, said that RAB arrested Tuhin from Devidwar in Cumilla on Tuesday night. On the early hour of Wednesday, a team of the elite force along with him went to the city's Sayeddpur area to recover arms and drugs.
As soon as the elite force members arrived there, Tuhin's associates opened fire on RAB men, prompting them to fire back, triggering the gunfight.
At one stage of the gunfight, Tuhin caught in the line of fire and suffered bullet wounds while his associates managed to flee the scene. Later, he was taken to Narayanganj General Hospital, where doctors declared him dead.
A foreign pistol, a magazine and three rounds of bullets were recovered from the scene, the police official said, adding the body was kept at Narayanganj General Hospital morgue.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Narayanganj SP Harun transferred
- Nusrat’s father satisfied with the verdict
- BRTC’s AC bus service launched in Bandarban
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Casino behind bKash service, 5 held in Jamalpur
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary