Casino Khaled ousted from Jubo League
Published: 17:21 20 September 2019
Khaled Mahmud Bhuiyan
Khaled Mahmud Bhuiyan, the organizing secretary of Dhaka Metropolitan South, was arrested on charges of operating an illegal casino — has been ousted from the organization
On Friday, he was ousted by the organization’s chairman Omar Faruk Chowdhury. Jubo League general secretary Haron Ur Rashid confirmed the matter.
Earlier, RAB surrounded Khaled’s Gulshan residence on Wednesday afternoon. He was arrested later that evening. Later, RAB recovered an illegal weapon, two more weapons violating license conditions, several rounds of bullets and 400 yabas in two packets from his home.
Besides, RAB also recovered Tk 10.34 of 1000, 500, and 50 taka notes, and Tk 4-5 lakhs US dollars worth of money from his residence.
RAB’s mobile court also conducted a drive at Khaled’s Youngmans Casino afternoon. 142 were arrested in the drive. Of them, 31 were sentenced to one-year and the remaining 111 were sentenced to six-months jail.
The mobile court recovered around Tk 24.50 lakh from the casino. In addition, a large quantity of alcohol, beer, cigarettes, and various other drugs were also recovered.
- Parash to be the chairman of Jubo League!
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Samrat wanted to flee in India
- Parash vows to work as ordinary JL activist
- Sadeque Hossain Khoka passes away
- Samrat-Arman expelled from Jubo League
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS