Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
Published: 12:05 29 December 2020 Updated: 13:37 29 December 2020
Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC) former mayor Sayeed Khokon; File Photo
A case has been filed for filing a case against seven people including Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC) former mayor Sayeed Khokon for allegedly extorting money saying the legitimacy of the shops in Fulbaria Super Market-2 in the capital.
Market president Delwar Hossain Dulu filed the case in the court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Ashek Imam on Tuesday.
The court said it would take the plaintiff’s statement and issue the order later.
The market, owned by DSCC, had 911 unplanned shops in three blocks. The DSCC launched an operation on December 8 to evict these shops. About 300 shops were evicted at that time.
The shopkeepers affected by the raid complained that they paid crores of Takas to legalize these unplanned shops during the tenure of former mayor Sayeed Khokon (a year ago). DSCC has also rented the shops so far.
They further complained that Delwar Hossain Delu, president of the Shop Owners Association, has controlled the three plazas or markets alone for almost two decades. These illegal shops were created under his leadership.
It is to be mentioned that Shop Owners Association president Delu “filed a case” against seven people alleging irregularities in the allocation of shops.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Hearing of case against Sabrina, Ariful adjourned till Dec 15