Call me Annie: Hathaway reveals people calling her by wrong name
Published: 15:51 15 January 2021
Oscar-winning actress Anne Hathaway has revealed that people have been calling her by the wrong name so far and wants everybody to start calling her by nickname ‘Annie’.
“The only person who ever calls me Anne is my mother, and she only does it when she’s really mad at me,” she told during a video appearance at Jimmy Fallon’s ‘The Tonight Show’ on Tuesday.
“Call me Annie. Everybody, everybody, call me Annie. Please,” said Hathaway, whose recent movie ‘Locked Down’ premieres on HBO Max on Thursday.
When Jimmy Fallon asked the reason, the actress replied, “Anne Hathaway - seemed like the right choice but it never occurred to me that people would call me Anne for the rest of my life.”
“And so every time I step out in public and someone calls my name I think they’re going to yell at me,” she joked, adding: “Call me anything but Anne.”
Anne Hathaway’s ‘Locked Down’ movie stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, tells the story of a couple tested by the restrictions of quarantine and builds out to include a heist plot with appearances from Ben Stiller, Ben Kingsley and Dule Hill.
- Sabnam Faria, Apu get divorced after ‘2yrs’ of marriage
- TV actress Asa Chowdhury died in Mirpur road crash
- Prova’s new video again goes ‘viral’
- Toma Mirza finally on way to get divorced
- We will have love, friendship as long as we live: Faria’s comment
- Shabnam Faria deactivates Facebook account, page
- Aparna Ghosh got engaged to Satyajit
- Model Sadia Naz’s hanging body recovered in Dhaka
- Actress Aupee Karim becomes mother of a baby girl
- Showbiz arena mourns Asa’s sudden death
- Toma’s lawsuit against husband: Probe report on “Valentine’s Day”
- Sabnam Faria appears in new look after divorce
- Tawsif Mahbub and his wife infected with Covid-19
- Aparna ties knot with Satyajit
- The ending could be beautiful too: Faria’s remarks on criticism