CWAB disbanding; president, secretary resigned!
Published: 13:10 22 October 2019 Updated: 13:43 22 October 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Suddenly, Bangladesh Cricket Team announced that they have gone on a strike. The cricketers put out an 11-point demand, which they said must be fulfilled before they will take part in any on-field activities.
The cricketers’ first demand is - the president and secretary of the Cricketers Welfare Association of Bangladesh (CWAB) has to step down. Therefore, president of the association Naimur Rahman Durjoy and General Secretary Debabrata Paul gave a hint to resign.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hassan Papon called an emergency meeting of its directors on Tuesday in response to the players' strike. Before the meeting, it has been heard that the CWAB would be declared abolished after the meeting.
CWAB General Secretary Debabrata Paul on Monday night hinted this.
About disbanding the CWAB's committee, he said, "We will talk to about this. We already hold a meeting to decide what to do over the matter. Many in our country do not want to quit. We are not the organizers of such backgrounds."
On Monday, the Bangladesh cricketers went on strike and raised an 11-point demand. Former national cricketer Naeem Islam read out the first demand in front of the media where he stated that they want the resignation of the current president and secretary of CWAB with immediate effect.
- Full fixture of Bangabandhu T20 Cup
- T-Sports to broadcast Bangabandhu T20 Cup live
- Bangabandhu T20 Cup: Full players` draft
- Bangabandhu T20 Cup fixture finalized
- Fortune Barishal unveils logo, jersey as 1st team of T20 Cup
- Messi returns to Barcelona training
- Dream 11 wins title sponsorship for IPL 2020
- CR7 sets record of most expensive engagement ring
- Ronald Koeman appointed new Barcelona boss
- Fixture for President’s Cup released
- Jahanara, Salma set to take part in Women’s IPL
- Pakistan picks Haider Ali, Naseem Shah for England T20Is
- Bayern reach UCL final after thrashing Lyon by 3-0
- Mumbai opt to bat against Hyderabad
- Tamim plays ‘match referee’ in Tigers’ warm-up match