CPA, MPA, PPA suspends its operation
Published: 22:29 8 November 2019
Chattogram Port Authority (CPA), Mongla Port Authority (MPA) and Payra Port Authority (PPA) suspended all sorts of operation as the Met Office raised the danger signal no. 7 for the Mongla and Payra port and signal no. 6 for the Chattogram port.
Loading and unloading of containers and delivery of consignment from vessels at inner berth of all three ports have also been suspended this evening following the hoisting of danger signal no-6, CPA Secretary Mohammad Omar Faruk said.
Chattogram Port issued Red Alert-3 within the port areas including outer berth after cyclone preparedness meeting held at Bandar bhaban this evening, he added.
CPA also instructed the vessels to take shelter in Karnaphuli channel near the Shah Amanat Bridge and the bigger vessels in outer anchorage are being moved to Kutubdia channel and Cox’s Bazar coast.
All small vessels and boats have been asked to take shelter in a safer place immediately.
It is reported that after the hoist danger signal no 7 at Mongla port, all activities of the port were stopped.
According to the special weather bulletin of the Met office, the severe cyclonic storm “bulbul” over west-central Bay and adjoining east-central bay moved northwards, intensified further and now lies over the northwest bay and the adjoining west-central bay.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Sharmin reveals about Samrat’s Chinese girlfriend
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Cyclone ‘Kiar’ approaching, winter may arrive in Oct
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- New DC in Jamalpur
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Soroj Mehedi new director of Cyber Security Institute