CIP cards handover to 182 businessmen
Published: 22:49 18 September 2019
Hundred and eighty-two businessmen have been awarded the CIP (Commercially Important Person) cards for their extraordinary performance in export in 2017 by the government.
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi and Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on the Commerce Ministry Tofail Ahmed handed over the CIP cards among the awardees at a function held at the Hotel Intercontinental in the capital today.
136 out of 182 businessmen have received CIP status for their outstanding performance in export of different products while 46 got the status under the ex-officio category of different business chambers and trade bodies.
Speaking at the function, Tipu Munshi said the number of CIP cardholders is increasing every year as the volume of the country’s export is going up day by day.
“We give the recognition to the businessmen for encouraging them. We are selecting the CIP card receivers as per the standard of the products and volume of the export. We hope that the number of CIP cardholders will increase in the next year,” he added.
Tofail underscored the need for diversification of export products for increasing the volume of export.
Commerce Secretary Dr. M Zafar Uddin presided over the function while president of the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) Sheikh Fazle Fahim and Vice Chairman of the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB) Fatema Yesmin delivered speeches.
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Fiery price in abundant Hilsa
- DSE to new building in October
- MoU to generate 500MW renewable power plants
- Spice-market unrest before Eid
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Govt to purchase Vehicle Mounted Data Interceptor through DPM
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- Tannery owners to buy rawwhide from Saturday