Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
Published: 10:00 17 November 2019 Updated: 14:37 17 November 2019
At least seven people were reported killed and the other 25 were severely injured when the walls of a building were collapsed over a gas line explosion at Patharghata in Chattogram at around 9 am this morning.
The accident took place at the Kunjamoni Bhaban of the Brickfield road in the area on Sunday morning.
The injured were rushed to Chattogram Medical College Hospital and admitted. It is reported that the condition of 25 injured including burnt people is very critical.
Doctors at the hospitals confirmed the death of the seven. At first, five were declared dead. Two more died later. The identity of the victims was not immediately known.
Fire service brigades are conducting the rescue operation. Fire Service Officer Jasimuddin told the DailyBangladesh that, on receiving the news, four fire brigade units are carrying out rescue operations.
Confirming the incident to DailyBangladesh, Patharghata Police Station Officer-in-Charge Mohammad Shahabuddin said," Police surrounded the scene. Initially, we think the accident happened due to the gas line riser explosion.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Narayanganj SP Harun transferred
- Nusrat’s father satisfied with the verdict
- BRTC’s AC bus service launched in Bandarban
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Casino behind bKash service, 5 held in Jamalpur
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later